Starboard, a pioneer in the windsurfing industry, remain at the forefront of modern boardsport as they delve into the stand up paddle board industry. Building upon tried and true techniques developed over the years of windsurf design and manufacture, Starboard is now putting out stand up paddle boards with world class shape and innovative new constructions – making for some the best SUPs available on the market at the present day – and at a competitive price!
With industry buzzwords like PineTek, Starshot, Starlite and ASAP being thrown around, it can be a bit confusing at first when one tries to make sense of it all. These are all different constructions that Starboard offers – so you get the same shaped board, but with a different manufacturing process with different materials. The end result is a variance of options for one board shape, allowing the buyer to chose from a combination of aesthetics, durability, weight and price point.
So now that you know what a construction is, let me explain in depth a bit further the two types of constructions that we primarily offer here at Kannon Beach: Starshot and ASAP. As always, we can certainly special order you in a shape in any construction available for that shape if we do not have it in stock – feel free to look around http://star-board-sup.com/2017/ and let us know if you’d like something we don’t stock!
• AS STRONG AS POSSIBLE
• SOFT RAIL
• HARD BOTTOM
• Impact resistant high-density themorformed EVA foam around the rails.
• 20kg/m3 fused, precision molded cellcore for extra strength and water resistance.
• Full deck EVA pad with 4mm square grooved traction on the rear two-thirds of the board.
• Multiple layers of high grade fibreglass are wetted out in resin.
• A standing area of 0.6mm Australian Pine is added for extra deck impact resistance and rigidity.
• New IQ handle for best grip and all inserts have added reinforcement.
• Available in Atlas Extra, Atlas, Blend, Avanti, Whopper, Whopper 9’5”, Hero, Serenity and SUPKids PRO models.
• WOOD STANDING AREA
• RAIL EDGE PROTECTION
• PRECISION MOLDED
• A 15kg/m3 precision molded fused cell core replicates the exact shape, offers high strength at the lightest weight and has impressive water repulsion.
• Multiple layer of high-grade fibreglass are wetted out in epoxy resin, while a standing area of 0.6mm uni-directional Australian Pine wood layer is added for extra deck impact resistance and rigidity.
• All inserts have added reinforcements.
• ¾ deck pads with crocodile skin texture and new IQ handle for easy carrying.
• Boards under 10’0” feature a tail kick pad for greater control in surf.
• Full gloss rails and deck give a high-grade finish.
• Our boards are all precision molded and the compression during molding ensures an extra hard and strong outer surface.
• All Starshot models equpped with a protective rail saver tape to minimize paddle scratches.
* Full Plant based Bio resin infusion maintains superior performance with a lower impact on the environment.